North of Tasmania – Code: PHTAS10
About the Location
Launceston, Tasmania’s second city, holds the prestigious title of being one of only two Australian cities designated as a UNESCO City of Gastronomy. Its renowned Saturday farmers’ market ranks among the nation’s finest. Steeped in history as one of the country’s oldest settlements, Launceston boasts a remarkably preserved cityscape showcasing architectural styles spanning from Georgian to the mid-20th century. The city is adorned with picturesque parks and graced by the tranquil banks of the North Esk River and Kanamaluka/River Tamar.
Salary & Benefits:
- Hourly Rate on Weekdays: Your hourly rate for weekdays falls within the enticing range of $45 to $60. The negotiation allows for alignment with your extensive experience and skillset.
- Rental Assistance: Benefit from support with rental expenses, ensuring your seamless settlement in this captivating city.
- Relocation Assistance: Enjoy flexible relocation assistance, making your move to Launceston a smooth and stress-free experience.
- Partnership Opportunity: Elevate your career prospects with the potential for a partnership opportunity, demonstrating your commitment to professional growth.
About the Position:
Seize an outstanding opportunity to advance your skills and become an integral part of a community-centric pharmacy celebrated for its exceptional work-life balance. Collaborating within a highly skilled team, you will assume responsibility for the daily operations of the dispensary. This multifaceted role encompasses medication dispensing, patient counseling, attentive customer service, meticulous stock management, and stringent quality control. You will collaborate closely with fellow pharmacists, technicians, and pharmacy assistants.
- Scripts per day: 250
- Dispense: FRED
- Pharmacotherapy: No
- Nursing Home: Yes
- Trading hours: Monday to Wednesday and Friday: 8:30 am to 9 pm, Thursday: 9 am to 9 pm, Saturday and Sunday: 9:00 am to 9:00 pm.
To Be Successful In This Role:
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Current AHPRA registration
- Great communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- A genuine desire to build and maintain a strong rapport with the community
- Address customer’s needs with sensitivity and professionalism