CLINICAL PHARMACIST POSITION
Wimmera Region – Code: PHVIC89
About the Location:
This city is nestled in the heart of the Wimmera Region, serving as a significant hub for livestock trading in an irrigated area abundant with fruits, vegetables, and cereals. It’s ideally situated just 30 minutes’ drive from the breathtaking Grampians National Park, a mere 2.5-hour journey from Bendigo, and a comfortable 3.5-hour drive from Melbourne.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary Packaging: Enjoy salary packaging with rural area housing benefits, offering the potential to enhance your take-home pay.
- Relocation Assistance: For those considering a move, there are relocation allowances available, along with an accommodation incentive allowance for the initial 12 months.
- Patient-Centered Care: Join an organization that places a high value on patient-centered care, offering a rewarding and fulfilling work environment.
- Accrued Day Off: (Available for full-time employees only)
- Career Advancement: Explore opportunities for career progression within the organization.
- Employee Assistance Program: Access valuable resources to support your well-being.
- Free Parking: Work close to home with the convenience of free parking.
About The Role:
This role represents a fantastic opportunity to further advance your skills as part of a healthcare group committed to providing a diverse array of services, encompassing acute, sub-acute, residential aged care, allied health, primary care, emergency, and critical care services to the local community. This healthcare group is dedicated to enhancing the health and well-being of its community.
As a Clinical Pharmacist in this position (Grade 2, Years 1-4), your responsibilities will encompass:
- Participating in the provision of clinical pharmacy services, collaborating with the healthcare team.
- Conducting medication reviews and ensuring safe and effective medication management.
- Contributing to quality improvement initiatives and research activities.
- Engaging in professional development and staying current with best practices.
- Medication reconciliation
- Clinical ward pharmacy
- Provision of medication-related advice to clinical staff and patients
- Commitment to providing a high-quality, safe, efficient and effective pharmacy service ensuring a continuum of patient care
The accountabilities for the position are the next ones:
- Review prescriptions and medication orders, and liaise with medical and nursing staff to ensure safe and appropriate medication use
- A medication reconciliation will be performed on high-risk patients within a timely manner as outlined under WHCG policy
- Provision of an appropriate, timely, and adequate supply of medications to inpatients, discharge patients, and outpatients
- Provision of education to other health care professionals
- Promotion and provision of medication information and education to patients
- Maintains a level of competency required for the position and Continuing Education hours as per AHPRA guidelines
- Demonstrate leadership and promote teamwork within the Pharmacy Department
- Commitment to ongoing projects and services that ensure the quality use of medicines based on evidence-based literature
- Guides, mentors and develops junior team members in the Pharmacy on specialist clinical practice
- Participates in weekend and on-call roster
Roster: Monday to Friday, with participation in an on-call roster and occasional Saturday morning shifts.
Trading hours: Open 24 hours 7 days a week
To Be Successful In This Role:
- Bachelor of Pharmacy degree
- Pharmacist registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (AHPRA)
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Pharmacist
- Commitment to improving patient outcomes through medication management
- Membership to an appropriate professional body – Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Australia or Pharmaceutical Society of Australia
- Hospital Pharmacy experience in conducting Medication reconciliation, preparation of patients’ medication lists, and provision of effective patient counseling
- Well-developed organizational and time management skills
- Well-developed communication skills and ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to instruct and provide feedback to students, pharmacy interns, and technicians
- Ability to review and provide constructive feedback on a clinical document, e.g. policy, procedure, drug protocol, or consumer education documents
- Experience in using pharmacy iSOFT software – Desirable
- Hospital Pharmacy experience in chemotherapy dispensing and management – Desirable
- Ability to research and write a clinically based document such as a drug protocol or medication management procedure – Desirable
- Ability to prepare and provide clinical education to consumer and clinician groups – Desirable
- Post Graduate qualifications relevant to the position – Desirable