Wimmera Region – Code: PHVIC87
About the Location:
The city is located in Wimmera Region. The city is an important center for stock-selling in an irrigated area of fruits, vegetables, and cereals.
Our client is located 30 minutes drive from the beautiful Grampians National Park, 2.5 hours drive from Bendigo and 3.5 hours drive from Melbourne.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary packaging with rural area housing benefits, giving you the opportunity to increase your take-home pay
- Relocation allowance available and an accommodation incentive allowance for the first 12 months
- Work in an organisation that values patient centred care
- Accrued Day Off (full time employees only)
- Opportunities for career progression
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work close to home, with free parking
About The Role:
This is a great opportunity to further develop your skills and join a health care group that provides a range of acute, sub-acute, residential aged care, allied health, primary care, emergency, and critical care services to its community. The health care group is oriented to improving the health and wellbeing of its community.
This position is a clinical pharmacist position – grade 1 (year 3-6), fulfilling roles that include:
- Medication reconciliation
- Clinical ward pharmacy
- Provision of medication-related advice to clinical staff and patients
- Commitment to providing of a high-quality, safe, efficient and effective pharmacy service ensuring a continuum of patient care
The accountabilities for the position are the next ones:
- Provision of a clinical pharmacy service to wards on a rotational basis
- Carry out medication reconciliation
- Provision of an appropriate, timely and adequate supply of medications to inpatients, discharge patients and outpatients.
- Provision of education to other health care professionals
- Promotion and provision of medication information and education to patients
- Maintains a level of competency required for the position and Continuing
- Education hours as per AHPRA guidelines
Roster: Monday to Friday, with participation in an on-call roster and occasional Saturday morning shifts.
Trading hours: Open 24 hours 7 days a week
To Be Successful In This Role:
- Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Commitment to improving patient outcomes through medication management
- Membership to an appropriate professional body – Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Australia or Pharmaceutical Society of Australia
- Hospital Pharmacy experience
- Experience in using iSOFT software – Desirable
- Commitment to Continuing Education – Desirable
- Excellent time management, organizational, communication and team-building skills – Desirable