CLINICAL PHARMACIST POSITION
Wimmera Region – Code: PHVIC87
About the Location:
This city is nestled in the heart of the Wimmera Region, serving as a significant hub for livestock trading in an irrigated area teeming with fruits, vegetables, and cereals. It’s ideally situated just 30 minutes’ drive from the picturesque Grampians National Park, a mere 2.5-hour journey from Bendigo, and a comfortable 3.5-hour drive from Melbourne.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary Packaging: Enjoy salary packaging with rural area housing benefits, which allows you to boost your take-home pay.
- Relocation Assistance: If you’re considering a move, relocation allowances are available, along with an accommodation incentive allowance for the first 12 months.
- Patient-Centered Care: Join an organization that highly values patient-centered care, providing you with a rewarding work environment.
- Accrued Day Off: (Full-time employees only)
- Career Progression: Explore opportunities for career advancement within the organization.
- Employee Assistance Program: Access resources to support your well-being.
- Free Parking: Work close to home with the convenience of free parking.
About The Role:
This role presents an exciting opportunity to further cultivate your skills as part of a healthcare group dedicated to delivering a diverse range of services, including acute, sub-acute, residential aged care, allied health, primary care, emergency, and critical care services to the community. This healthcare group is committed to enhancing the health and well-being of its community.
As a Clinical Pharmacist in this position (Grade 1, Years 3-6), you will undertake various responsibilities, including:
- Medication reconciliation
- Clinical ward pharmacy
- Provision of medication-related advice to clinical staff and patients
- Commitment to providing a high-quality, safe, efficient, and effective pharmacy service ensuring a continuum of patient care
The accountabilities for the position are the next ones:
- Provision of a clinical pharmacy service to wards on a rotational basis
- Carry out medication reconciliation
- Provision of an appropriate, timely, and adequate supply of medications to inpatients, discharge patients, and outpatients.
- Provision of education to other health care professionals
- Promotion and provision of medication information and education to patients
- Maintains a level of competency required for the position and Continuing
- Education hours as per AHPRA guidelines
Roster: Monday to Friday, with participation in an on-call roster and occasional Saturday morning shifts.
Trading hours: Open 24 hours 7 days a week
To Be Successful In This Role:
- Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Commitment to improving patient outcomes through medication management
- Membership to an appropriate professional body – Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Australia or Pharmaceutical Society of Australia
- Hospital Pharmacy experience
- Experience in using iSOFT software – Desirable
- Commitment to Continuing Education – Desirable
- Excellent time management, organizational, communication, and team-building skills – Desirable