AGED CARE PHARMACIST
Cairns – Code: PHQLD70
About the Location:
Experience the unparalleled natural beauty of Cairns, where spectacular reefs, ancient rain forests, rich culture, and an alfresco dining scene blend into one. The gateway to the rest of the Tropical North Queensland region, fly directly to Cairns Airport (domestically or internationally) to discover one of Queensland’s most adventurous cities. Located only 1-hour drive to Port Douglas.
Salary and Benefits:
- Hourly rate: $45 – Negotiable
- Incentives and allowances
- No nights, no weekends required
- Accommodation provided -Negotiable
- Relocation assistance – Negotiable
- Partnership opportunity
- Training provided
About the Role:
This is a great opportunity to further develop your skills and join a community-based pharmacy that offers an excellent work-life balance. Dispensing medications and counseling patients will be among your daily responsibilities. This particular role will focus predominately on the Aged Care sector within the pharmacy. You will be working alongside a supportive and dedicated team that thrives on providing a whole health solution for our community. Main clientele: elderly, families, and nursing home patients. This role can also be a Store Management role for the right candidate, which entails overseeing the Pharmacy as well as the Aged Care Department. You will work alongside 1 full-time pharmacist, 2- part-time pharmacists, 2 technicians, 2 packing technicians,s and 1 pharmacy assistant.
- 38 hours per week
- Dispense: FRED
- Scripts per week: 400-500
- Pharmacotherapy: No
- Nursing Home: Yes, servicing 8 nursing homes
- Programs used: Webstercare and Best Health – store has a packing robot
- Roster: Monday to Friday
- Trading hours: Monday to Friday: 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. Saturday and Sunday are closed.
- Roster:Monday 8 am – 4 pm,Tuesday 8:30 am – 4 pm,Wednesday 8:30 am – 4pm,Thursday 8:30 am – 4 pm and Friday 8:30 am – 4 pm.
To Be Successful In This Role:
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Experience in a busy pharmacy or the ability to adapt to a busy pace
- Ability to address client needs with sensitivity and professionalism
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and counseling.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- A genuine desire to build and maintain a strong rapport with the community
- Provide quality care services
- Aged Care experience preferred but not essential as training and ongoing support will be provided